Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Skip Navigation Links > Home > Schooling > International Students

​​International Students


As an International Student, you might need a study permit to attend any elementary, secondary or post-secondary schools within Halton region. There are many options for International Students from around the world.


Applying for a Study Permit

There are several eligibility criteria to consider if you plan to study in Canada as an International Student. Standard eligibilty criteria include the following:

  • Proof of Funds that include:

    • Tuition Fees

    • Living expenses for yourself and any family members who may come with you​

    • Return transportation for yourself and any family members who may come with you

  • You must have a clean criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada

  • You must be in good health and willing to undergo a medical examination if necessary

  • You must inform an Immigration Officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay

The links below provide more information about study permits and studying in Canada:


Working while Studying

As an International Student, you can work under any of the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s work programs for students. 



Working after Graduation

As an International Student, you could be eligible for a special work permit to allow you to work in Canada for up to 3 years after you graduate. For more information visit Post-Graduate Work Permit.


Ron Joyce Centre

The Ron Joyce Centre is the home of the DeGroote School of Business’ Executive Education programs. The facility and its programs form a hub for academic and economic collaboration in Burlington and the Halton region. It plays an important role in building a knowledge economy, strengthening the local business environment and attracting new investment to the community. For more information click here.